If you believe my posts will help someone please feel free to share.
We have already learned that Apache is configured by default to deliver web files from
Here are the locations of other important files and directories
Apache Important Files and Directories
- The default server root directory (top level directory containing configuration files): /etc/httpd
- The main Apache configuration file: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Additional configurations can be added in: /etc/httpd/conf.d/
- Apache virtual host configuration file: /etc/httpd/conf.d/vhost.conf
- Configurations for modules: /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/
- Apache default server document root directory (stores web files): /var/www/html
From the command line we can see
[ec2-user@ip-172-30-1-107 httpd]$ ls
conf conf.d logs modules run
Looking a bit closer by applying the -la flag to ls
[ec2-user@ip-172-30-1-107 ~]$ cd /etc/httpd
[ec2-user@ip-172-30-1-107 httpd]$ ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Feb 16 21:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 79 root root 4096 Feb 16 21:18 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 16 21:18 conf
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 16 21:18 conf.d
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Feb 16 21:18 logs -> /var/log/httpd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Feb 16 21:18 modules -> /usr/lib64/httpd/modules
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Feb 16 21:18 run -> /var/run/httpd